Reg. Date 2 April 2014
Reg. No. 82782
Reg. Dept. Road Engineering
- Makoto HARADA
- Personal Profile
Transportation/Traffic Engineer worked in a wide range of transportation projects from parking policy to master plan review.
Graduating from his master degree at Tokyo Institute of Technology in 1999, Mr Harada entered Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd. and
participated in different planning and assessment projects.
In 2004, He resigned from Pacific Consultants and joined Transportation Research Institute Co., Ltd. as a Director/Principal Research Engineer.
- Professional Engineer [P.E.Jp] (Civil Engineering)
- Work Experience / Project Highlights
Director/Principal Research Engineer Nov 2005 - Now
Transportation Research Institute Co., Ltd
Participated in a number of projects in the field of transportation,
covering from the review of transport master plan, parking policy evaluation,
to the application of latest technology in transportation management.
data analysis and interpretation in other research projects also. Below are some highlighted projects.
Consultant / Engineer Apr 1999 - Oct 2005
- FY2016 Research on Car Parks in Shinjuku Ward (Shinjuku Ward, Tokyo, Japan)
- FY2015 Machida City Transport Master Plan and Examination on Urban and Regional Comprehensive Transportation Strategy of Machida City (Machida City, Japan)
- FY2014 Research Project on Perf. Eval. Methods for Event Detection Tech. based on Onboard Camera Images (National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management, MLIT, Japan)
- FY2011 Research on the Applicability of ICT in Transportation Demand Management (National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management, MLIT, Japan)
- FY2007 Evaluation on Parking Policy in Urban Core (Housing & City Planning Bureau, Nagoya, Japan)
Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd.
Undertaken research and evaluation for projects around Japan in various aspect:
comprehensive transport planning, port planning, accessibility review, residential needs assessment, cost analysis and so on.
Tokyo Institute of Technology Apr 1997 - Mar 1999
Graduate School of Information Science and Engineering
Master of Engineering in Mechanical and Environmental Informatics
Tokyo Institute of Technology Apr 1993 - Mar 1997
School of Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering