Reg. Date 11 Mar 2003
Reg. No. 72206
Reg. Dept. Road Engineering
- Hikaru ARATA
- Personal Profile
Transportation Engineer/Planner with extensive experiences in parking issues and road management with ITS.
Upon completing his master degree at Tokyo University of Mercantile Marine in 1995,
Mr Arata joined Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd. and started working with public entities and local authorities on road transportation projects.
In 2003, he left Pacific Consultants and became a Director/Principal Research Engineer in Transportation Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- Professional Engineer [P.E.Jp] (Civil Engineering)
- Work Experience / Project Highlights
Director/Principal Research Engineer Jul 2003 - Now
Transportation Research Institute Co., Ltd
Completed car park related projects in different aspects, from parking area rules formulation to car park development plan review.
Contributed to researches on urban development, ITS implementation, cycling environment improvement and so on.
Below are some highlighted projects.
Consultant / Engineer Apr 1995 - Jun 2003
- FY2016 Review of Road Environment Improvement Works (Miyamasu-zaka Slope/Dogen-zaka Slope) Part 2 (Shibuya Ward, Japan)
- FY2015 Survey concerning Approaches to promote Barrier- free Transportation in Local Cities etc. (Foundation for Promoting Personal Mobility and Ecological Transportation)
- FY2013 Master Plan preparation for Olympics/Paralympics related Development in Bay Area of Koto Ward (JV) (Koto Ward, Japan)
- FY2011 Study concerning the Attachment Obligation Std. required by Tokyo Metropolitan Parking Ordinance (Bureau of Urban Dev., Tokyo Metro. Govt, Japan)
- FY2007 Evaluation on Parking Policy in Urban Core (Housing & City Planning Bureau, Nagoya, Japan)
Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd.
Participated in a wide range of road transportation projects in Japan with a focus on car park planning and management.
Undertaken reviews and proposed improvements for Parking Guidance System with the use of ITS technology.
Conducted research and survey on effectiveness and impacts of road improvement works.
Tokyo University of Mercantile Marine Apr 1993 - Mar 1995
Graduate School of Mercantile Marine Science
Master of Transport Engineering
Tokyo University of Mercantile Marine Apr 1989 - Mar 1993
Faculty of Mercantile Marine Science
Bachelor of Transport Engineering